Oh, hey summer.

By dusanabotswana On April 23rd, 2012

DSCN3040
I probably talk about how this thrifted (for $1!) jumper is borderline too short for my own preference (ON ME) every time I wear it but holy freakin moly we hit triple digits this weekend and you know what that means in Phoenix… booty (hanging out) short season; anything’s game!

DSCN3042

DSCN3045

DSCN3046

DSCN3039

DSCN3051

Outfit details: jumper, hat, belt- thrifted; shoes- ghetto super glue DIY; embroidered top- handmade in Chiapas.

A bit ago Rebecca did a post asking what made us stop and leave a comment. This is something I always find myself wondering as well, especially when some posts get several comments and others get hardly any, so I thought I’d follow her lead and ask you all also. I get far too excited when I get a comment, and seriously appreciate them all (sometimes I even stop to think how awesome it is that people other than my mom and best friends even come take a look over here : ). On the flipside, as silly as I know it is, it’s hard to not feel a bit bummed when a post gets hardly any comments, but of course I try to remind myself that everyone else is busy as well and not over analyze things.

But, I figured comments and content could use a bit of “productive analyzing,” in the form of your feedback, valued customer… ok just kidding. But really, what makes you take a bit longer and leave a comment? I’d love to know what posts/topics, etc. on here or any other blogs you follow inspire you to share.

And if there’s anything you’d like to see more of on here please let me know as well! I know my blogging has been quite sporadic lately and my text shorter than usual, but come early June (when I’ll have taken the GRE) I have bit plans for lots of changes – can’t wait to share them with you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

9 Responses to “Oh, hey summer.”

1. Briana Says: April 23rd, 2012 at 11:17 am

That’s a good topic to delve into! I’ve always wondered that about my own posts :)

In regards to your online space, I read every post but may not comment on all of them, mainly depending on my energy/umphf that day! I love your outfits and love that they aren’t what you see on every other blogger’s site :) You’re unique and I love that about you! AND you’re a lover of other cultures which, of course, I absolutely adore :)

2. Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys Says: April 23rd, 2012 at 1:19 pm

It’s hard not to associate number of comments with how popular a post is, but it’s not always a reliable indicator. My own comments have been falling in recent months (probably because I never reply any more) but the pageviews aren’t, so people are still reading but presumably can’t be bothered to engage in a one-way conversation. As to why I leave comments; sometimes it’s in response to a particular question posed or point made, but sometimes, even when I have something to say, I can’t be bothered. Or am on someone else’s computer and it’s all too exhausting thinking about logging in. Hehe. I sound ridiculously lazy now! : )

3. Meg Says: April 23rd, 2012 at 7:13 pm

HUmm..I think it depends on my own state of mind, the time of day I read blogs, weather I’ve had coffee or not, if the kids are bugging me..etc. I read all of your posts and don’t always comment but it’s because of ME and my current state of mind,not you!!!! Keep on doing what you’re doing :) I agree about the mental roadblock just thinking about typing out a comment some days can be though…even when I have something to say, I’m just too lazy!

4. Adrian Lesoing Says: April 24th, 2012 at 9:46 am

This jumper is so adorable!! I’m so glad I found your blog. Are you an ASU Student? I noticed a bunch of photographs on campus. I just graduated last summer, but I work on campus so I’m still around campus a lot.

As far as commenting on blogs, I’m with you. I LOVE it when I get comments. My blog is pretty new, so I don’t have many followers or many comments, but I get so excited when I see that someone has commented. I’m more likely to comment when the blogger is asking about other’s opinions on things. I love personal style blogs, but I don’t comment on outfits very often.

xx Adrian

5. Mousevox Vintage Says: April 24th, 2012 at 2:28 pm

love this look. i don’t think the jumper is too short at all – you have great legs & should show those ladies off!

for me, it’s really just an issue of free time. i try to visit and comment on blog posts of everyone who leaves a comment for me, but i’m just now getting around to doing that for comments left in mid-March. & sometimes, when i do have the time to catch up on blog reading, it’s usually on the train and i’m reading them from my phone.

6. Nia Says: April 25th, 2012 at 7:32 pm

lovely pics,Dusana1 i like them,you always take different pose which is adorable. and don’t worry about the comment,i will go to special place which have good internet access so i can leave comments,but overall i’m with you,keep writing!

7. Inge Says: April 27th, 2012 at 11:03 am

Love this outfit, the dress is definitely not too short! I usually leave a comment when a topic really speaks to me and I feel like I have something to say about it (although sometimes it’s not more than “cool!”). I think that’s very personal and different for everybody, so I’d say just post about what YOU love and the people that love that too will find you (or so I hope myself).

8. Linda Says: April 28th, 2012 at 10:45 am

Such a cute jumper–no not too short 4 wknds & HOT weather & pairs so well w/the beautiful top. Hat is such a nice unique touch & flowers in the background lovely. People are right. Everyone is busy w/work, school & life in general. Dont take it personally. Keep at the writing–you’re creative…….

9. dusanabotswana Says: May 18th, 2012 at 8:37 pm

yay thank you everyone, all those comments are so insightful and encouraging, def will have to post about this later!