Newly thrifted denim!

By dusanabotswana On June 6th, 2012

DSCN3634

DSCN3636

Isn’t this bag cool? A neighbor randomly gave it to my mom when I was little and I finally stole it… and remembered about this belt that I’d thrifted last summer, making it so similar to this outfit way back when; can’t believe that was almost a whole year ago!

DSCN3635

Outfit details: all thrifted but shades (hand-me-down gift); woven bracelet- Mexico; handmade leather bracelet- gift.

Just a quick post of what I wore for some errands this weekend. So funny how after spending all the weekends studying “getting to” run errands didn’t seem bad at all. The day before my exam last week I searched for thrift stores in the area to have a treat to look forward to afterwards. I ended up finding this dress, the super comfy shoes in Monday’s post, and a few other things. I was up in the air about keeping the dress because it was 5 bucks, but after both of my parents laughed thinking I was joking, I’ve decided to keep it. I love how thrifting has completely changed my price-perspective on clothing/accessories! Now I’ve just got to par down my closet a bit… possibly by a “shop my closet” section on here; that seems like a fun way to recycle clothing. Anyway, hope your week’s going well so far!

thx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

8 Responses to “Newly thrifted denim!”

1. Adrian Lesoing Says: June 6th, 2012 at 12:44 pm

That is too funny! I will do the same exact thing. I always catch myself debating whether or not I should spend $5.00 on a dress or $2.00 on a shirt! Cute dress, by the way! :)

2. maria Says: June 6th, 2012 at 1:53 pm

love this dress on you. gorgeous!

3. arielle Says: June 6th, 2012 at 6:02 pm

I love a good simple blue jean dress though. I do the same thing at thrift shops. If it’s over 3 bucks I just feel like that’s way too much. I usually need a little convincing to loosen the purse strings a little bit haha

4. Jull Diaz Says: June 7th, 2012 at 6:02 am

hello! I love your dress, very cool :)
    I’m from Mexico :)
    greetings and kisses from: http://julldiaz.blogspot.mx/

5. Lizzy Says: June 7th, 2012 at 10:41 am

hot.

6. Monique Says: June 7th, 2012 at 4:04 pm

I’m really amazed at the deals you find. Like that incredible red dollar dress! Wild! We don’t have those kind of prices in nyc. I’m glad you decided to keep this denim dress. It fits you well. I love how you paired your sandals and that awesome sisal bag together too!

7. Brittany Says: June 10th, 2012 at 9:49 am

Damn i love that dress. Denim dresses can be so awful; that one has a nice shape to it.

8. Linda Says: June 10th, 2012 at 10:48 am

Yes, I agree the dress fits U very well not like some really baggy hippy jean dress!!! AND a great price. Very unique purse, matches the bracelet & shoes.